MermaidPoker

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Was that it??

Yes Im sad to say it was, after 13 hours with 2 hours left for the end of the day I went out. :(

I got a bad beat just in the beginning with my KK and was fast down to 7000 chips.
I kept myseft there for about 12 hours a little up and a little down until I finally was at around 6000 chips, I get dealt AK in the small blind.

UTG raises the blind(300+25 ante) to 1200.
Everyone folds upto me.
Being pretty shortstacked(average about 20k at the time) I move all in.
He calls me and show pocket 10

Flop is: A J 5

But alas

Turn: 10
River: 6

And EgonOlsen is out of this years WSOP. :(

1 neat thing though, I had Howard Lederer at my table all night, he went bust about 2 hours before I did.
Phil Hellmut and Doyle Brunson also went out today while I was still there.

All in all I dont regret much of my moves. I had AK 4 times, the 3 first I hit nothing on the flop and had to fold.
2 times KK, 1 i lost in the beginning and 1 later that I won preflop with a reraise.

I also got to bust out 1 other player when he moved all in on the button and I called him with AQ flom the big blind. He had K6.

So it was a great experience even though I am a bit sad atm not making the last 2 hours of the day. 10.000 people is in this year, I went out at about no. 1000 out of 2400 today. :(

4 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Stormswift said...

Nice try Morten, a little experience to use next year when once again you manage to win a seat from poker.com.
Enjoy the rest of your visit.
Keep a watch on them pro's, It'll be useful for next year

<<<<<<<<<( winks ) LOL

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Neo Bahamut said...

Sad to hear u are out morten! Nothing wrong with your move there, just unlucky.

Enjoy your time in vegas now and have a real great time there.

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was just pure bad luck there, you made the right move at least you can go out with head held high. Have fun for the rest of the trip

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thats a tough one , but it seems you played what you had to . as the rest said , enjoy the rest of your time there , wont be no pressure now , so have a blast..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home