MermaidPoker

Sunday, July 02, 2006

When Dreams come true

Ok, my week just culminated with my greatest win ever...

Wednesday: Won Highroller Leaderboard on lassur.dk. 400 Euro
Thursday: 2nd place in the 25k Guaranteed on Pointpoker. 4228 Euro
Thursday: Winning satellite to the 60k Guaranteed on Pointpoker.
Friday: 5th in the BloggerTour Qualifier getting me a ticket to the Grand Final on Poker.com
Saturday: ..........

WON A WSOP SEAT YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Yeah baby, WSOP HERE I COME....

One of the biggest dreams for all online pokerplayers and its all MINE. :D

After playing 4+ hours in the Grand Final I manage with some luck I must admid to win the headsup after pretty much being one of the chipleaders through the whole tournament.

Since poker.coms hand history is not working at the moment I will try to recap the 2 deciding hands from the HU to the best I remember, which might not be all precise.

Going into to HU against OhioMike i was shortstacked, about 50k to his 150k in chips.
Knowing I had to doubble fast, since I knew he would raise all my BBs I tried to be agressive, which is hard being lowstacked.
But my cards was totally dead, nothing but 85 and 74..
I had 65 suit so I decided to reraise his initial raise to my BB which he called.

Flop Q 6 3 (i think, dont remember the unimportant cards)

I took a chance here and went all in, desperate for the extra chips, but alas, he called and showed Q2
Now at this point I kinda gave up in my mind

Turn: 9

River: 5 Yes baby, I hit the 2 pair on the river, doubling instead of getting a new monitor.

This hand put us on even terms and after a little back and forth I became a slight chipleader.

Final hand:

Im dealt J9 in BB
Mike clickraise my BB which I call.

Flop: Q 9 6
I decide to bet on that one and he moves all in on me.
I though a bit seeing VEGAS everywhere and said out loud to the 7 people standing around me, NO HE BLOODY DID NOT HIT THE Q AGAIN and I called.

Mike showed A6 suit and I felt I had it.

And yes no help for either on turn and river and EGON IS GOING TO VEGAS

Thanks everyone for coming to watch the game and Specially to poker.com and pokerbloggertour for giving me this chance to make a dream come true.

Lassur.dk users and Poker.com Forumteams, specially Blind Bullies. YOU ARE THE BEST

ok thats all I can handle now, if I missed something its only because I cant think clearly.

Watch out Vegas, Egon is coming to crack your safe. Yeah Baby, you know it. ;)


9 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger MVilla888 said...

well done...actually, there was one other deciding hand...my AK versus your A6 when the three queens counterfited my kicker and resulting in a split pot...you dodged two bullets with some luck from the poker gods, but my hat's off to you...you played well for the tourney and deserved the heads up battle we had. Good luck in Vegas...if you hit it big, don't forget the rest of us back home. Keep the blog going and I'll try and follow your progress from Ohio.

Mike

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Never-Limp said...

I was surprised you called my BB jam after you min raised from SB with QTo. Blinds were 300/600, folded to you, you raised to 1200 and I jammed for 7200 more. You thought for a long time and called a lot of chips there against my A2s. What did you put me on? My image had to be very tight. You had some chips to gamble with, but if you were going to call my jam, you should have raised more preflop to let me know that I didn't have any fold equity and so that you had odds to call if I re-raised all-in. Anyway, congrats and good luck in Vegas.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger EgonOlsen said...

Hi limp. Now I dont remember all hands I must admid. But I started many hands with minimal raises, 1 of the main reasons was that before FH I had the only other person with a high stack on my left, meaning I never knew if he was in the hand or not. totally same situation on FH, which was kinda annoying. I wanted to press the low stacks at the table, but I did not want a HU with the only person who had the chips to bust me.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger cerberi said...

congrats egon,i only made 15th but a very deserving winner you are and all the best in vegas

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger lightning36 said...

Congrats, Egon. That was a tough final table. You did what you needed to do. Best of luck in Las Vegas.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Dr Fro said...

You knocked me out!!!

I am glad you won. Congratualations!

I got an iPod, so I can't complain, but I am soooo jealous of you!

Good job.

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the win, but PLEASE if you are going to have background music playing on your blog at least give your visitors a way to turn it off.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger DaBruns said...

Congratulations, I finished in 31th place, my KK was not good enough against 77........ Wish you all the best!!

GET THAT BRACELET HOME !! ;-)

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, anon. Try pushing the STOP button in your browser. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home