MermaidPoker

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Live from vegas

Finally I arrived in Vegas after 20 hours travel.
After I got here I hooked up with Mada1970 from poker.com and with him and his friend bags we went to The Rio.
I got signed up for the Main event, gonna play on day 2, the 29th.
Then we just hung around looking at the games and all the darn pretty persons of the female sex here. and there is a lot. *lol*
I got to say hello to Men "the master" nice little fella. :) and saw a few og the other well known guys(Helmut, Raymer and Moneymaker)
I must say hooking up with Mada was a great idea, the guy has no shame so we also got VIP passes to the websites stands in the big hall even though it was not open yet. Seems they award boldness here a lot.
We also hit the driving range where we got to drive a Corvette and a Pontiac Solstice, very neat cars.
Im so happy every single building here have Aircon, because its so darn hot you can hardly breathe outside.

Later Mada and I went back to the Sahara and joined a little tournament with about 159 people in it and here I got my first bad beat. *lol* Guy moves all in preflop and I have AA on the button.
I call him ofcourse and he shows J4, but but. 4 on the flop, a J on the River and I got my first AA busted. :( that halved my stack and after that my cards also died. With blinds at 3k I had to make a move with my A9 suit UTG, but I got called by the chipleader with AQ and I was out in 38th place. money for 11 only.

Now Im waiting to get contact to the poker.com guys and see whats planned for today.
More updates to come later.

6 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best to get those bad beats out of the way now!
have fun when you meet the rest of the poker.com players
I loof forward to any reports you have time to give us

Have fun Morten and, you have made your captain proud ;)

Kat

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your settling in and getting those bad beats out of the way mate
Looking forward to seeing ya on telly at the FT

 
At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Egon

Did ya meet the Moose Rider yet?

This is just so exciting, glad u got a blog :-)

Jax
scotlady

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly should have pulled in to the same hotel last night. prolly out playing the slots. you know these women. She's in the first group so I think she starts tomorrow.

Give'em hell.

ken

 
At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast Morten, I wish you Mada, Kelly and the rest of the Poker.com peeps the best of luck.

And, though it seems your already doing it....Have fun!!!

Tom (Mr.Nobody)

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't beat what everyone has said, so have fun, play hard and stay away from the pretty ladies unless you want to go back to 'crab' rating' eek j/k.

in all serious just give it your best and I wish you all the luck I have for you all out there.

Carole (cazwil)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home